Friday, August 24, 2007

How to index your blog at Yahoo?

Hi, I am very happy to tell you bla bla bla bla...huh

So this is how:

it's almost the same way as google indexing.

1. I guess you're guessing by now that you need a Yahoo account (Yahoo mail at least), if you don't go create one and then come back, (but really is there anybody out there that doesn't Yahoo or Google). Oh and one more thing, I don't want you to think that I earn something from all this "go create" stuff)

2.So once you have that account go to www.siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com, sign in with your yahoo username , write down the address of your blog (again without http:// or www),next click Add my site.

3.Once you've added the site it will say Not Authenticated. Click that button, and choose metod of authentication, which is with Meta tag again. Copy the text (ex.: , again just like google indexing beware that this text must end with />, I stress this because it happens the given text to end with just >, and that's a mistake)

4. Go to blogger.com click Layout of your blog, then click Edit HTML, and paste the given text from Yahoo beneath this text , and above the google meta tag text. (if you already google indexed it).
Click Save Template then go to Yahoo Siteexplorer and click Authenticate.

5.That's it! For more detailed go to my previous post where it's explained how to index your site at google.
It's very similar, just different terms are used.

6. To add a sitemap at Yahoo Site explorer (I almost forgot this, and it's so important) go to Manage, and add feed, again you will just need to add atom.xml)

READ THE PREVIOUS POST IF I WAS UNCLEAR AT ANY POINT. IF EVEN THEN YOU'RE NOT QUITE CONVINCED, CONTACT ME, COMMENT AND I'LL EXPLAIN.

One thing is sure, blogging is time consuming.

Pozdrav! Bye!

No comments: